MileStone Academy High School
Enrollment is OPEN:
Apply Online or Give Us A Call (215) 663-1160
Now Enrolling 9th, 10th, 11th, & 12th Graders!
The first step of the admissions is complete the form below and get familiar with how we succeed.
Secondly, you will connect with MileStone’s Director of Education, Michelle Brown. You and Mrs. Brown will have a conversation about MileStone and if it is a good fit for your family.
Take a personal tour of MileStone Academy by scheduling an appointment. Your child will have the opportunity to shadow a few classes to help gauge their comfort levels.
After deciding MileStone is the right fit for your family, you will begin the enrollment process.
MileStone Academy fosters a safe, collaborative space to educate high school students with complex learning challenges. Using a research-based approach to teaching, our educators support students by cultivating their strengths, supplying individualized lesson plans, and applying strategies for success. With a 5:1 student-to-teacher ratio, students have access to individualized lesson plans. They are encouraged to be self-starters, use new technology, or fund a field trip. By learning to adapt teaching to how their students learn, Milestone Academy gives everyone the necessary tools to build a future they want and deserve.
MileStone’s highly qualified faculty and staff help students who experience a variety of challenges, including:
- Language-based learning differences
- Reading comprehension
- Auditory and visual processing
- Executive functioning
- School avoidance
- Social and emotional development
MileStone Academy Students Learn To:
- Meet deadlines
- Complete homework
- Take useful and organized notes
- Organize and write essays
- Reading with strong comprehension
- Prepare to take tests
- Participate in class
- Use technology to improve organizational skills
- Our faculty fully understands our students’ strengths and challenges.
- We help students to better understand their personal learning challenges, strengths and goals.
- Our multi-sensory instruction stimulates visual, auditory and tactile senses to enhance memory.
- We integrate study skill strategies with subject area knowledge to enhance academic proficiency.
- Technology is integrated and individualized to enhance individual learning and to help students develop organizational skills.
- Our teachers use the latest evidence-based teaching interventions to help students develop strategies and tools that enable them to succeed.
- We help students build self-advocacy skills to help them overcome frustrations, leading to academic achievement and social success.
- Student teacher ratio is 5:1.